Any treatment offered (either NHS or private) will be estimated, discussed and agreed with you in advance.
Private patients can choose to join the Practice Private Dental Plan, Denplan, an insurance scheme that allows you to spread the cost of your dental care. Ask at reception for more details and a leaflet.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque or credit card.
Charges for common procedures are as follows (guidelines only):
- Check-up – Free
- X-rays – from £3.40
- Scale and polish – from £11.12
- Silver filling – from £7.40
- Crown – from £72.00
- Root Canal Treatment – from £40.00
- Surgical Treatment – varies according to work needed
- Private white fillings – from £45.00
Some NHS patients are exempt from paying or entitled to help with charges. We are required to see evidence of this before your treatment starts, if we do not see this you may be liable to pay. Qualifying exemptions are;
- You are under 18 years of age
- You are aged 18 and in full-time education (up until 19 years of age)
- You are pregnant or have had a baby in the last 12 months
- You are named on a HC2 certificate under the NHS Low Income Scheme
- You receive or are included in your partner’s claim for Pension Credit Guaranteed Credit
- You receive or are included in your partner’s claim for Income Support
- You receive or are included in your partner’s claim for Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- You receive or are included in your partner’s claim for Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- You receive or are included in your partner’s claim for Universal Credit
- You are entitled to, or are named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate